Who Needs A PSA Licence?
Under the Private Security Services Acts licences are now compulsory for private security contractors providing the following services:
- Access Control (installation and Event Security)
- Alarm and CCTV Monitoring Centres
- Cash In Transit CCTV(installation and maintenance)
- Door Supervisor Event Security Intruder Alarms(installation and maintenance)
- Locksmiths Private Investigators Security Guards
Why should I use a PSA Licensed Contractor or Individual?
PSA licenced locksmiths are professionally trained in the installation and servicing of locks. Licence holder must: Comply with Industry Standards Obtain Approved training qualifications Undergo criminal record checking with An Garda Síochána Be tax compliant
How can I check if a person or company is licensed?
The PSA Website contains the registers of contractor and employee licence holders. These registers are useful tools in checking the licence status of your provider.
By using an unlicensed contractor or individual you:
- Put your business or residence at risk
- Are breaking the law and risk prosecution
- May invalidate your insurance policy. If you have used an unlicensed security service you should check your situation with your insurance broker.
Penalties range from a €3,000 fine up to 5 years in prison.
ARPS Security Ltd
PSA Licence No: 08018
© Copyright www.arpssecurity.ie